Valediction: Of Affirmation

Sarah Newell and a camper this summer taught me my biggest lesson: verbal affirmation is hugely successful with me. In that spirit, and in light of a few minor crisis this week, I'm sending you some good vibes.


Short version: I love you and support you. I'm praying for you and your loved ones.


Long version: I hope the new pieces of your life fall into step with the old ones. I hope they illuminate your past and brighten your future. As life gets busier and people get further apart and demands grow weightier, I hope you find solace in your roots—your church your communities your nature your family your mindfulness, whatever. 

I'm praying for your wishes, but also for your fears. I'm praying that God will lead you into lights that seem blinding and biting and out of darknesses that glowed like neon dens and begged you to stay.

I want you to know I will always have your back. I will have time for you, even if that time is only spent in breaths or hollow conversation. I hope you offer me forgiveness when I don't text you back or ignore you for my thesis deadline. I love you and cannot imagine my life without you.



My recommendation this week is to take some time to think about what you have done so far and appreciate how much others have aided you. Reread a book you love (Stranger the Dreamer is the one that I'm going to sink my teeth back into). Rewatch a childhood movie. Exist in the sentimental mush that I am in right now.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.